.Mac users -can i change the URL for the hompage to be the same as an emailonly acct?

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by GeeYouEye, Sep 27, 2002.

1. GeeYouEye macrumors 68000

GeeYouEye

I finally gave in an got .Mac with an understanding with my mother that she could have the homepage, and an email account. So when I got .Mac, I set up an email-only account. Now I need to change the homepage url to the same name as the email-only account (ie homepage.mac.com/[email-only acct]. I don't need the homepage for the main name, just the alternate. Thanks in advance.

BTW, before you tell me to put this in the .Mac boards at Apple, I already have, and haven't heard back yet. I'm posting here for a hopefully speedier response! :)

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

I don't think you can do it, only the account with FULL .Mac membership has the iDisk and so the webspace, the e-mail only accounts are just that, email only.
    You're stuck with the primary .Mac registration as your URL.

3. RBMaraman macrumors 65816

RBMaraman

With email only accounts, you get email, email, and more email. Email is the only thing you get. Hope that helps.

4. GeeYouEye thread starter macrumors 68000

GeeYouEye

Dang. Too bad. On that note, does anyone know if it's possible to switch which email address is the main one (ie make the email-only account the full one, and the original the email-only?)