Mac VJ set up

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by mymemory, Aug 5, 2002.

1. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

Hey, last saturday I played in a rave here in my country and I had the oportunity to have my "perfect vj set up" for first time. I used:
    -One pismo (mine) at the left side to use a VJ software called "Motion Dive" and some hi-res quicktime movies and DVD's.
    -One Pismo (a friends) at the right to use another software called Arkaos VJ, and that software is connected to a MOTU midi interface (at the far right) and connected at the same time to the Roland JV-90 keyboard (reminenses of my life as a electronic musician). I use the keyboard to puch the video clips in real time (a 1/4 of a sec or less of delay). An at the top an iBook connected to a video camera (via fire wire) and using a software called Videoledic that gave in real time (at 6 fps) serious funky colors to the image. The video mixer is a Videonics MX-Pro (the only pro thing is the price because out of 500 transitions only 2 are worth it), and the funny thing was that my video monitor (at the center) was the little black and white tv we use at my kitchen.

Later on I'll place the quicktimes in the web, some people of the public were very funny looking.

Attached Files:

2. Ensign Paris macrumors 68000

Ensign Paris

That look good, and I bet it sounds good. What kind of speaker setup were you using? We have some JV-30s for the PA setup we have at school which is pretty awesome, nearer Christmas we setup it up fully for the 5 concerts (1/2 an hour) we do for each year group in the school and finally the teacher concert.

Ensign

3. mymemory thread starter macrumors 68020

mymemory

I was playing the videos only, the sound system was JBL.
    Here is a picture of the DJ and my set up at the end.

Attached Files:

4. mymemory thread starter macrumors 68020

mymemory

And a picture of the party before everything started.

Attached Files:

5. pgwalsh macrumors 68000

pgwalsh

That's damn cool. Could you run a line from the mixing board to match the tempos if you wanted?

6. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

That's pretty sweet. thanx for sharing. :)

Lethal

7. mymemory thread starter macrumors 68020

mymemory

No need, Macs coms with microphones!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I could but I do not want to bother the DJs, I like to work "like a fly on the wall", no calling any bodys attention... until the show atarted. Any way, I'm using the computer microphone and works just fine. I can even choose if I want the visuals to modulate with the base, mid range or hi frequencys.

The funny thing was that I played for $100, but this was like a demo performance, next time I hope to reach the $700 or more. This was a rave created by a friend of mine so I gave him a good introduction price.

Nothing like a Mac to do this kind of things.

Save the pictures for later on, may be will help to convert some one.:)

8. mnkeybsness macrumors 68030

mnkeybsness

9. vitruvius macrumors regular

arrechoo!

Venezuelan Power mi pana... que arrechoo!

freaking nice :cool: