MAC WINS! mac vs pc on UK TV

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by timmillwood, Mar 19, 2007.

1. timmillwood macrumors 6502a

The gadget show which is broadcast here in the UK on Five today classed Mac as the winner in the mac vs pc challenge.

The presenters one armed with a Macbook (black) and one with a Sony Vaio had to goto italy, write a 300 word report, take edit and compile 3 photos and 2 mins of video.

The mac guy was finished ages before leaving the pc presenter struggling with windows movie maker freezing.

2. joelovesapple macrumors 6502a

joelovesapple

Mac = 1 PC = nil:rolleyes:

And long may it continue. It's all down to ease of use at the end of the day.:)

3. Mr Skills macrumors 6502a

Mr Skills

Perhaps now they will update the buyers guide on their website which damns the Mac with feint praise before dropping this bombshell:

_

4. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Yay for Mac! :D

But was it ever really a question of who would win? ;) :cool: :apple:

5. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

Yeah saw it as well and knew it was in the bag when they mentioned photos and video. There is simply no match for iLife out there in terms of ease of use.

6. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Or in terms of bundled applications. :)

7. Mr. MacBook macrumors 6502

I think the Vaio has some advantages in writing the paper, but lmao windows movie maker is complicated as SHI*. It's bullcrap, took me 3 hours to find out how to move photos into it,

8. Mr Skills macrumors 6502a

Mr Skills

The presenter on the PC was using PhotoShop Elements to edit the photos. They said that iPhoto was easier but "the PC program" was more comprehensive. They neglected to mention that Photoshop Elements is equally available on the Mac, so you can actually have you cake and eat it...

They also said Word was developed for the PC but is "now available" for the Mac. A slight inversion of history, I think.

But hey, the Mac won, so I'm just nitpicking. What I am annoyed about though, is that any interested switcher who looks at this program's website after the show will be put off the Mac again by their buyers' guide (see my post above).

_

9. timmillwood thread starter macrumors 6502a

name one!

10. asnozz macrumors member

asnozz

running under rosetta emulation means word can load slower than on windows. Also when writting lots (like I was with my dissertation on my black book) it can freeze/jump when loads of pictures/pages are intoduced.

Thats my only critism.... and that'll soon be resolved. I cant wait for a new version of photoshop and office for the mac. Also a version of msn with webcam/microphone would be nice.

After 4months of a blackbook and OSX (used to have a G3 Ibook), I would never go back.

11. ricksbrain macrumors regular

I wrote my dissertation entirely in Word for Windows and it choked, too. It's generally useful, but not as great as MS thinks it is. Don't even get me started about embedding Visio files into Word docs... :mad:

12. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

So the Mac was fighting with one arm tied behind its back and still emerged the victor! :D