Mac Wireless Keyboard?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by gadgetgirl85, Aug 3, 2006.

1. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

I currently have a MS Wireless Keyboard and mouse. I am SO tempted to buy a mac wireless keyboard my question is can I still keep my MS wireless mouse plugged in?

2. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Yep, the Apple Wireless keyboard connects via Bluetooth (you have it, don't worry) so it would be fine.

I presume the mouse has a wireless adapter that plugs into your Mac?

3. MrSmith macrumors 68040

MrSmith

Maybe irrelevant, but my Mac wireless keyboard runs quite a while on a set of batteries. But after a year it's looking pretty groggy...

4. gadgetgirl85 thread starter macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

So the keyboard doesnt come with any attachments just connects via bluetooth on the mini? They look pretty sweet. Anyone use them? are they good?

5. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I use it and it's brilliant. As MrSmith noted, the first set of batteries should last you a year or so. Of course, buy some decent rechargeables when they run out because it'll be cheaper in the long run. :)

6. gadgetgirl85 thread starter macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

Hmm seems to cost $100 is there any difference between the USB and the wireless one?

7. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

The USB one only works when you plug its cable into a free USB port on your Mac whereas the Wireless Keyboard requires no such cable. :)

8. MrSmith macrumors 68040

MrSmith

:D :D

A year would be nice, but in the y+2m I've had mine I've had to change the batteries once. Maybe twice; I really can't remember. But the keys really are starting to take on the shade of Gandhi's sandals. Anyone care to share how they've got their's virginal-looking again?

9. topgunn macrumors 65816

topgunn

10. MrSmith macrumors 68040

MrSmith

Thank you! I'll use that.

11. gadgetgirl85 thread starter macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

I'm going to get the wireless keyboard and the wireless mouse does this sound like a good choice?

12. irishgrizzly macrumors 65816

irishgrizzly

last time I checked the price on an imac I couldn't select a wireless keyboard. Logged on to the US store to see it wasn't a regional thing, but no dice.

What's up? Maybe they are going to update the wireless keyboard with the mighty mouse. ?

13. gadgetgirl85 thread starter macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

Went to two shops here they didn't have the mighty mouse :( Guess its not in Australia yet.

14. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Wireless Mighty Mouse is on sale here but not in stores for about another week or so. You'd have to order it online and wait.

Good idea though, it will really de-clutter your workspace getting rid of all those wires.

15. gadgetgirl85 thread starter macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

Yep I ordered the mouse from the apple shop. Keyboard looks great :D Nice touch and easy to use