.mac with paypal

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Artful Dodger, Mar 8, 2005.

1. Artful Dodger macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

Hi everyone, hope this post is in the right spot so with that said...
    I'm thinking about getting a .mac account and I want to use paypal with it.
    Q's are is it easy to do this or do it at all? Does anyone have a site setup with this that I could check out the setup? Just a link. I never tried the trial run yet so any info would be great and thanks for the help :)

2. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

3. Artful Dodger thread starter macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

Sorry if my post was off. What I meant was I want to set up a site to sell some things I have and using paypal would help out if people wanted to use their credit cards as a method of payment. ;) so I was hoping it could be set up using a .mac account (home page with a link). :rolleyes:

4. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

Check .Mac's license agreement, because I'm not sure if you can use .Mac for profit. I thought it was only a personal site.

That said I've seen some who have done it, like shareware companies.

5. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

Nah, I think you can make profit off a .Mac site. I might be wrong though... but Sailing Clicker was shareware and it's (or was) hosted on .Mac.

6. Artful Dodger thread starter macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

Hi and thanks to all that answered. I went to the Apple store today and was shown how to incorporate paypal with a .mac account, too easy I should have known :rolleyes: and yes it's okay to do that as far as user agreements are concerned. One person there has a paypal with their .mac and it works great. Now off to take picks of things to sell.. :p