Mac wont read CD

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by dave1234, Apr 10, 2003.

1. dave1234 macrumors regular

I have a data CD that was made on a PC using Easy CD Creator. When I put it in my mac it saiz"you have inserted a disk containing no Mac os X volumes. Then i can eject, initialize or OK. Is there any way I can reac the information on this CD?

2. Eniregnat macrumors 68000

Eniregnat

Dirt on the CD, solar or IR exposure. It could be a bad or poor burn. The burner could be bad or your CD-ROM could have issues. A Mac should not have any problems using CDs burned from EasyCD Creator. (It is one of the programs that I use at work and I take the data CDs home and they work just fine on my old iTang.) Some copy-protected disks are harder to copy than others, but you’re not doing that, so this is a moot point. Your Mac should read multi-session disks, but I would turn this option off so that the CD is “finalized” (sometimes this helps). Poor CD blanks may also be the culprit.

Below is a segment from another link. I’m just to busy/lazy to rewrite it. It might also help.

From thread http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22986 :

3. litosclone macrumors member

I've received CD's burned from one PC that my mac can't mount. I have a PC at home, So I burn the data on another CD, the mac then reads it fine. I believe it has to do with the brand of burner. because Both CD's were burned with Easy CD Creator.