Mac Word problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by JulieMc, Jul 14, 2006.

1. JulieMc macrumors newbie

Hello:
    I have been using Mac Word without incident, but yesterday, I went to boot up, and when I tried to open Word, I got this message: "The application Word quit unexpectedly. Mac OSX and other applications are not affected." I've tried opening Word through a document, through the Dock, and through the applications folder....the same thing happens each time. The error window generated a report, but it's too long for this forum. I would be happy to provide it some other way if anyone thinks that viewing it will help them diagnose the problem.

Any insight is greatly appreciated!
    JulieMc

2. KD7IWP macrumors 6502a

KD7IWP

If it were me, I would go do a spotlight search for the file com.microsoft.Word.plist and move it to the trash, then reopen Word and see if it works. That file is in /Library/Preferences

3. JulieMc thread starter macrumors newbie

No luck

I put that file in the trash, but still no luck. something called the Omni Outliner keeps opening, though.

It's so frustrating...It was working the day before yesterday, and then for no apparent reason, it fails to launch.

Julie

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I'm not sure why OmniOutliner is opening, but do you have 3ivX, DivX and Flip4Mac installed? I had a corruption whereby having all three of these would prevent Office apps from opening but I removed the first two and now everything's fine and dandy. :)