.Mac worth it?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by sgtlmj, Oct 28, 2003.

1. sgtlmj macrumors member

I'm getting ready to make the switcheroo from M$ to the wonderful world of Apple, and I have been getting stuff around to make the transition as easy as possible, ie. getting hooked up with catalogs full of goodies!

I see that .Mac is available for WinXP too, and since I will be keeping my PC, and also helping my non-switching friends and family out with their M$ woes, wondered if the $100/yr for .Mac is really worth it.

Sorry if this has been addressed, but a search for .Mac doesn't take into account the '.' and gives me too much stuff to go through.

2. Flowbee macrumors 68030

Flowbee

3. sgtlmj thread starter macrumors member

Thanks, that should do it.

I wholeheartedly agree with one of the replies in those threads. They should combine .Mac and Applecare along with an OS maintenence program that allows you to get reduced price upgrades. THEN it would be worth $100/yr easily! I believe some of the Linux distros offer subscriptions for upgrades/support.

Why not go all out with customer care? Offer the above, a magazine subscription, a stock option.... Whoa! Better lay off the coffee! :D Sorry, just excited about getting away from M$ in the nearest future.