mac15 site update

Discussion in 'Community' started by mac15, Aug 3, 2002.

1. mac15 macrumors 68040

mac15

well since .mac has come out, I had decided to stop my site going ahead since it would run out, well I thought stuff it, I'm gonna do it, so I updated it abit

I fixed the dead links, added a new button and made a screensaver

so check it out http://homepage.mac.com/mac_15/

2. King Cobra macrumors 603

I tested your site using Mozilla 1.0 and OS 9.

The site isn't bad, but I've gotta ask: Do you plan on changing your name to mac16 anytime soon? :p :D

Let me start with the bad first. When I clicked on the green button I was directed to a web page and all, but in place of the green button there was no image. The image link would be here...

http://homepage.mac.com/mac_15/button-1.jpg

but there is no such site (404 error).

As for your australian flag logo beside "MAC15", is there a way you can make the white outline transparent with the magic eraser or such? If not, can you make it the same color as your desktop? I know you may be just an amateur at homepages (everyone at this age is) but it would help if you can get rid of the white outline.

Finally, I noticed your "Contect Me" button in red. The button doesn't do anything, since there is no link or anything leading there.

As for improvements/suggestions, I am wondering if you can make the buttons a bit more attractive. Maybe you can use a shape burst tool in the Gradient Editor in Appleworks to give the buttons a slightly more 3D look. Or, if you have Strata 3D installed (the base should do fine, OS 9 only) you can make a sphere. From there you can copy the image to Photoshop and get rid of the background. I recommend the method for Strata 3D, if you have it anywhere.

Other than these minor errors, the site is not bad at all. You do have a theme going, and you don't make it look to showy. I would give your site for basics alone an 8/10.

3. mac15 thread starter macrumors 68040

mac15

well its cool to hear some feedback, but frst off, I just wanted to experiment with this first, so thats why the UI looks so shonky, and man them buttons look ugly as, its all just trying to learn some basic HTML first, so when I do thats I'll get into the UI part, which I like the most

and the contact button hasn't been done yet, so it will be added soon

4. mac15 thread starter macrumors 68040

mac15

that button thats wouldn't load is now fixed, I had .jpg in the code when it should have .gif, kinda of a simple mistake whcih is now fixed and up for yall to see

5. mac15 thread starter macrumors 68040

mac15

ah noooooo, well I had a bad accident with my old site, so I decided to start off fresh, and take my time and make sure everything works 100%, so enjoy the new one, well there ain't much to enjoy so yeah :D

6. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

On the plus side, there's absolutley nothing that can go wrong.