MacAlly Glitter Trackball vs. MS Trackball Explorer

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by kant, Aug 20, 2004.

1. kant macrumors 6502

Has anyone used both? I currently have a MS explorer on my pc but I would like another trackball to use with my iBook. I have a fair amount of nerve damage in my hands, one result of which is that I cannot use a mouse for more than ~30 minutes before my hand goes completely numb. I also cannot use a thumb controlled mouse - my thumb quivers uncontrollably if I try to use the level of dexterity required for any small cursor movements.

The MS is ok, but doesn't feel just right - even after a cleaning it still has a certain amount of drag. I really liked the Logitech Marble FX, but they've quit making them and eBay specials are $60 plus for used ones.

2. FuzzyBallz macrumors 6502a

FuzzyBallz

I'm using a Logitech Marble Mouse. Works flawlessly on both PC and Mac. The ball's easy to pop out and clean. Very comfortable and cheap. Recommended. $23.
    [​IMG]

BTW, the Marble FX is an old design, it uses PS/2 connector, so you can't use it on a Mac unless you drop another Jackson on the converter. Waste of money IMO.