MacAlly Glitter Trackball vs. MS Trackball Explorer

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by kant, Aug 20, 2004.

1. kant macrumors 6502

Jul 22, 2004
    Has anyone used both? I currently have a MS explorer on my pc but I would like another trackball to use with my iBook. I have a fair amount of nerve damage in my hands, one result of which is that I cannot use a mouse for more than ~30 minutes before my hand goes completely numb. I also cannot use a thumb controlled mouse - my thumb quivers uncontrollably if I try to use the level of dexterity required for any small cursor movements.

The MS is ok, but doesn't feel just right - even after a cleaning it still has a certain amount of drag. I really liked the Logitech Marble FX, but they've quit making them and eBay specials are $60 plus for used ones.
  2. FuzzyBallz macrumors 6502a

May 2, 2003
    Home of Al-Qaida
    I'm using a Logitech Marble Mouse. Works flawlessly on both PC and Mac. The ball's easy to pop out and clean. Very comfortable and cheap. Recommended. $23.

BTW, the Marble FX is an old design, it uses PS/2 connector, so you can't use it on a Mac unless you drop another Jackson on the converter. Waste of money IMO.