Macbook 13.3 Sleeve help

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by sproggo, Dec 13, 2006.

1. sproggo macrumors newbie

I just got a 13.3 Macbook I'm looking at getting a sleeve, and looking at previous posts and using google I've narrowed it down to the following five sleeves and have questions on each.

Waterfield: how protective is the neoprene compared to polyurethane cases like the rebound and zeroshock? I would at least opt for the flap here. How much do the D-rings add to the length and width of the sleeve? I'm thinking if I get the Waterfield of possibly blinging it all out (though the cost is a little scary), but worry about using it just as a sleeve in my backpack.

Chromebags: Again, how protective is this bag compared to the polyurethane sleeves and does it fit the Macbook like a glove?

Radtech Rebound: The zipper scares me a little even with the inside guard, has anyone had any problems with zipper scratches here

Shinza Zero Shock 3: Does it fit the Macbook like a glove? Again, same question with the zipper. And how does it compare against the Radtech Rebound?

MacCase: How does this compare in scratch and impact protectiveness with the above cases? It says the flap does not cover the whole laptop, how much of a gap is there?

From what I understand, the Rebound, Waterfield, and MacCase all fit the MacBook like a glove.

2. Mac'Mo macrumors 6502a

Mac'Mo

3. MacsAttack macrumors 6502a

I got a Tucano Second Skin.

Excelent. Fits like a glove (hello - second skin anybody?). Padding gives protection against incidental knocks when in my case of pack. Nice zip/flap design that prevent s zips scratching the edge of the notebook. Water resistant enough to allow it to be carried from the office to my car in serious rain.

Don't think it would protect much from a serious fall - but then neither would anything else but about ten meters of bubble-wrap... :D