MacBook 13" Display Question

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by silencer51, Feb 7, 2007.

1. silencer51 macrumors newbie

silencer51

Just something I noticed with my less than 2 months old MacBook.

When the computer wakes from sleep, the screen takes a few seconds to reach full brightness, like its warming up.

Now this is not noticeable by other 'non-geek' people (I'm a nitpicker I know) but I find it strange that it happens now at only 2 months (both my two TFT screens exhibit this, but it manifested after over 1 year of continuous use).

I guess the screen needs a little (10-15 sec) warmup to reach full brightness...

Have you noticed this with yout MB/MBP?

2. BlackMax macrumors 6502a

BlackMax

I've noticed it some on my MacBook and I've noticed it more dramitically on my 19" LCD and my 23" LCD. I think this is pretty common.

3. Freyqq macrumors 68040

it sometimes happens on my 12" pb too..but my external lcd monitor (19") doesn't..and its probably 5+ years old...so idk.

4. holamiamigos macrumors 6502a

i just noticed that happens with mine as well

5. mick4394 macrumors 6502a

mick4394

This has happened with all Apple laptops I've owned, 3 iBooks and 1 Macbook.

It seems to be a characteristic of Apple displays. It's never happened with notebooks I've owned from other manufacturers.

6. toddster63 macrumors newbie

toddster63

Always happens on my 3 month old MacBook too...

7. iW00t macrumors 68040

iW00t

Perfectly normal.

It is the same thing as the energy saving bulbs you use around, you flick the switch on and it takes a second or two to light up and a while before it warms up and reaches full brightness.

8. Grakkle macrumors 6502a

Grakkle

Yes, I have it too and it is normal. After all, the backlight is essentially a thin fluorescent bulb, so it has the same delay you get with any fluorescent.

9. Stadsport macrumors regular

Every laptop does this, as they use fluorescent bulbs for backlighting. Aside from newer ones with LED backlights, I suppose.