Macbook (13" Unibody A1278 2.0GHz) battery wont accept charge

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by georgicon, Feb 27, 2010.

1. macrumors newbie

I had water spilled on my macbook, now my battery will not charge. Everything else works fine except the battery will not accept a charge. When the AC power is plugged in for the first time after removing the battery it blinks green ONCE and then does not turn on again. When I remove the battery entirely the AC power steadily blinks green. If the battery is removed the macbook will not power on. I am hoping this has happened to someone else before, and does not mean I need to replace the logic board.

Thanks!

2. macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

Sounds like you fried your DC-in board(Guide to replace) and here's the actual part. In my mind, that's a best case scenario. Worst case, something related to that on the logic-board is toast (that would require a complete logic board replacement).

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you! Thats what I was hoping to hear. Is there any way to test if this is the problem without replacing the part first?

4. macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

I think the fact that it's not charging when plugged-in and not running when plugged in without the battery is the only mode of testing. It's only $50 or so to replace, that's like 8% of the cost to replace the logicboard, it's worth a shot IMO.