Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

timmillwood

macrumors 6502a
Apr 7, 2006
I think it is possible but i think they will put core 2 duos in the 13" ones before the holidays!

emotion

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 29, 2004
Manchester, UK
timmillwood said:
I think it is possible but i think they will put core 2 duos in the 13" ones before the holidays!

I think that's pretty much a given isn't it?

I'd actually like to see the reverse rumour to the above. A smaller MBP not a bigger MB.

skunk

macrumors G4
Jun 29, 2002
Republic of Ukistan
They might be talking about a redesigned MBP to go with the fabled Santa Rosa chipset. These rumours out of Taiwan are often completely wrong.

emotion

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 29, 2004
Manchester, UK
skunk said:
They might be talking about a redesigned MBP to go with the fabled Santa Rosa chipset. These rumours out of Taiwan are often completely wrong.

Now that is a very good explanation, with perfect timing for Santa Rosa too.

Yeah skunk I'm with you on that.

mpw

Jun 18, 2004
emotion said:
...I'd actually like to see the reverse rumour to the above. A smaller MBP not a bigger MB.
*squeezes eyes tightly shut and crosses fingers*
[chant]11",11",11",11",11",11",11",11",11", 11"[/chant]

Tiny and light weight plase Steve, think Sony VAIO TX. I'd even do without an optical drive if I could get a big HD and long battery life. You could do worse than add a media card reader slot and a killer feature would be a telephony option for 3G wireless access just by adding my SIM card.

Do all that and I'll hand you £1,500 happily:)

emotion

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 29, 2004
Manchester, UK
mpw said:
*squeezes eyes tightly shut and crosses fingers*
[chant]11",11",11",11",11",11",11",11",11", 11"[/chant]

Tiny and light weight plase Steve, think Sony VAIO TX. I'd even do without an optical drive if I could get a big HD and long battery life. You could do worse than add a media card reader slot and a killer feature would be a telephony option for 3G wireless access just by adding my SIM card.

Do all that and I'll hand you £1,500 happily:)

Yeah include me in all of that too.

I want a nice 12" powerbook replacement please. Apple: don't make me buy a macbook, it ain't the same.

iJaz

macrumors 6502a
Dec 16, 2004
I am very sceptic about this, a 15" MacBook would canibalize on the MacBook Pro sales too much.

emotion's explanation is very interesting!

emotion

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 29, 2004
Manchester, UK
iJaz said:
I am very sceptic about this, a 15" MacBook would canibalize on the MacBook Pro sales too much.

It's skunk's explanation to be fair :), and very plausible it is too.

emotion

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 29, 2004
Manchester, UK
All we need to say now is that we're all waiting for this update, invite Multimedia along and bingo a 4000 post thread.

:D

iJaz

macrumors 6502a
Dec 16, 2004
emotion said:
It's skunk's explanation to be fair :), and very plausible it is too.

Sorry skunk! Credit where credit is due.
A new MacBook Pro design would be a huge thing!
But it is bound to happen sooner or later even though I find it hard to beat the current one!

Willis

macrumors 68020
Apr 23, 2006
Beds, UK
emotion said:
All we need to say now is that we're all waiting for this update, invite Multimedia along and bingo a 4000 post thread.

:D

Multimedia has a lot to say. very informative... love reading his long ass posts, theres usually a good reason why too

mpw

Jun 18, 2004
timmillwood said:
I would like a 7" MB with Mobile (Cell) phone sim card slot so it can connect to GSM & 3G networks
Trouble with going much lower than a 11" screen is usability of the keyboard.

surroundfan

macrumors 6502
Nov 22, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
iJaz said:

Of course, it would allow Apple to effectively discount the MBP without actually having to reduce the margins on the pro line...

Epicurus

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2005
Minneapolis, MN
If we get down to 10-11", wouldn't we be entering the mythical realm of the iPad/iTablet? Just toss in the bezel buttons from that iPod patent and you've got a pretty decent interface twist. I would really like to see what Apple can cook up for a tablet keyboard: light projection on the desktop; hard-case, folding keyboard; soft, roll-up keyboard; on-screen touch-to-type; etc.

Honestly, I'd rather have a good 15" MBP and a full-screen iPod (3") or tablet (7-10") than some cramped 11" MacBook.

viperguy

macrumors 6502
Nov 3, 2005
timmillwood said:
well we will have to get rid of some keys!!

Yeah...
K, so goodbye to I, O, R, Comand, Arrows... I nver really liked these at all anyways :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.