Macbook acting strange

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Elphaba, Feb 12, 2007.

1. Elphaba macrumors regular

Elphaba

Hi :)

My macbook is acting extremely strange. I think this happened because I was messing around with Onyx and I did something I wasn't supposed to:eek: Smart, I know. It won't let me switch to any other app. It's stuck in the finder. And I can't click on anything, it only lets me right-click. It's also extremely slow and I'm getting the beachball over and over :mad:

I tried disk utility and repairing permissions..it didn't help. I don't know what else to do :p hopefully you guys will be able to help me :)

2. lamina macrumors 68000

lamina

I'm sure you've tried rebooting.

If all else fails, backup all your important data and do a system restore. Onyx can really mess up a system, as you have demonstrated.

3. Elphaba thread starter macrumors regular

Elphaba

Hi lamina! :D

Yeah, I already tried rebooting. It seems to be working just fine now actually. It's still a little slow at startup, but it's ok. I'll live :) I learned my lesson though ;) i'm staying away from Onyx from now on. :)

4. lamina macrumors 68000

lamina

My Californian heartbreak buddy :)

I didn't recognize you till I replied.

What exactly did you do in Onyx anyway?

5. Elphaba thread starter macrumors regular

Elphaba

:D

I can't remember :eek: It had to do with maintenance I think. Hm.. something about clearing cache and deleting log files. I guess I erased something i shouldn't have? :p