Macbook Advice

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by NeoMac, Sep 15, 2006.

  1. NeoMac macrumors regular


    Feb 10, 2006
    I need some buying advice. I have wanted a macbook for a while now. I was very close to buying an iBook but when I heard they were going to transition to Intel chips I decided to wait. So I am ready to buy. The question I have is, should I get one now or should I wait for leopard? What would you do?

    Thanks for the feedback. I would appreciate any responses.
  2. clevin macrumors G3


    Aug 6, 2006
    if you need it now, then buy it now, there isn't really a better decision than the other. Personally, I never waited to buy a computer just for a system update, but that probably because I always buy it when in need.
  3. FredClausen macrumors regular


    Aug 7, 2006
    There will be two schools of thought that you'll see posted here.

    School of thought one says wait for the Merom Macbooks. Odds are that relatively soon they will be out and people will advise you to wait "if you can."

    School of thought two says buy now, because there is always something better coming and waiting for some mythical rev is silly.

    What school of thought is right is up for debate, but I don't think anyone here will advise you to wait for leopard. You could be waiting until April of next year for all we know. The real decision revolves around the next Macbook revision. It is very very possible we'll see a rev of the MB very soon. If you can stomach not having the latest and greatest, or need the Macbook now, go for it. I personally think the consideration of future hardware in this environment is silly. There is ALWAYS newer things coming out. The current MBs are very sweet, and performances gains with the C2D chips will not be revolutionary; they will be evolutionary.

Share This Page