Macbook Air 11.6" for $969 shipped: good deal?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by jastevenson, Nov 27, 2010.

1. jastevenson, Nov 27, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2010

macrumors newbie

Oct 30, 2010
    Hi all,

Mac newb here....planning on buying an 11.6" MBA for Xmas. The best deal I've found is, $969 shipped, no tax (here, if interested)

Are there better deals to be had, or is this the best deal going?

2. macrumors member

Aug 14, 2009
    Detroit, MI
    Sounds decent to me, but Cyber Monday may have a better deal, or may not. If you can get the education discount you can always get $50 off, but if you do not qualify anything below MSRP in my opinion is a good deal with Apple products :)
  3. macrumors 68000

Mar 3, 2006
    Driving traffic to your amazon associate link? Naughty, naughty.
  4. thread starter macrumors newbie

Oct 30, 2010
    I used the link from Slickdeals. :rolleyes::rolleyes:
  5. macrumors 68030

May 13, 2010
    Macmall and Mac connection are both around 10-15 dollars cheaper. However, their customer experience is not great. It's up to you.
  6. macrumors 68040

Mar 15, 2005
    Amazon has amazing customer service. Also, if it's a gift you can return it until Jan 30 I think with Amazon, which is nice (i.e. you decide to get the person something else).

Honestly, I just ordered the 1199 model on Amazon, which they have for 1099, $100 off right now.

I was going to get the Ultimate 11'inch but even with edu. discount it comes to $1450 or something to my door!

$400 is not worth 200 MHZ and some more RAM to me. that is 40 percent more money.

I can put that $400 towards just getting the next updated Air when it comes out.

Just my 2 cents.

So in other words, I think your $969 model is a pretty good move. I went with the more storage which I really don't need, but I just thought since it was $100 off MSRP I might get some of that back if I go to sell someday.

Otherwise, as just a bonus extra machine, I think the $969 model is probably the best value of the Airs.

Buy through a Mac Rumors link on the homepage to Amazon and support the site we love!