MacBook Air 11.6" sleeve/case in Canada?!

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by cleanup, Jan 15, 2011.

1. macrumors 68030

cleanup

Short of ordering one from the states, is there anywhere in Toronto that stocks anything yet? I'm getting really fed up with squeezing my MacBook into a netbook case that doesn't actually fit it. Why don't we ever get anything in time north of the border, despite our ridiculously high prices?! :(

2. macrumors 6502a

steve31

Give london drugs a try. I bought a case there for the 11 inch air.

3. *Michi*, Jan 16, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2011

macrumors newbie

I feel your pain. I had to order mine (Be.ez Robe Allure) from the UK because even Amazon was sold out. And I had no choice but to order it online because no one in BC stocks it. But there are stores in Ontario that do: http://www.be-ez.com/where-to-buy/world/americas/country/canada.html.

Unfortunately there are no London Drug stores in Ontario.

4. macrumors regular

The apple store in Toronto doesn't even have macbook air sleeves... well they had pink ones :( . The ones I find on the internet are either expensive or don't ship to Canada.

5. macrumors member

I purchased an incase sleeve from the apple store in the Eatons Centre this past Friday. None were out on display so I asked if they had any in stock. They checked the back for me and came out with about 10 of them.

A little pricy, but worth it.

If you don't see any. I would ask.

6. macrumors member

Unfortunately, there are no London Drugs stores east of Manitoba. Too bad... I just moved back to Ontario from BC and that's one store I miss. On the other hand, at least when I'm craving a Harvey's hamburger I can actually *get* one without driving 100 km. :)

Original poster: Try asking at Carbon Computing or one of the other local Apple stores in Tdot.

7. cleanup, Jan 17, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2011

thread starter macrumors 68030

cleanup

This is for the 11.6, not the 13"?

[Edit] Just called them and they've got nothing. I'm guessing you were looking for a 13" case?

8. hsl
    macrumors regular

9. macrumors member

It was for the 11.6". I guess they sold out quickly.

10. thread starter macrumors 68030

cleanup

Not sure anyone in their right mind would buy those at that price. No offense.

And yes.

11. hsl
    macrumors regular

None taken, but cheaper with high quality leather and woolfelt is not possible, she already has the cheapest suppliers and doesn't earn a lot per item. :)