Macbook Air 11 small ding on keyboard?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by kkel19, Feb 4, 2011.

1. macrumors member

When I first opened my new MBA 11, I noticed the aluminium had a small ding/dent underneath the letter "M". It seems raised actually, has anyone else ever seen this on theirs? I am such a perfectionist, I kinda wanna return it to amazon. Anyone else have this?

2. macrumors 6502

grawk

Try taking it to an apple store and see if they'll swap it out for you.

3. thread starter macrumors member

4. macrumors 6502

grawk

as long as it's a standard config, it shouldn't be a problem.

5. macrumors 6502

I would most deffinatly get it swapped out. It would bother the heck out of me!

6. macrumors member

I had exactly the same problem with my Air - I bought it in the US a few days before returning to the UK and noticed a very small ding/dent above the function keys just after I got it out the box. I always keep my Apple stuff in A1 condition so this would have driven me mad. I went back to the Apple store the next day and spoke to the same guy who sold me it and he understood and said it looked like a manufacturing defect (I did a search at the time and other people have had similar issues) and within ten minutes I was walking out with a new machine - and that's why I buy Apple as I have always found them great for warranty work/repairs!

7. thread starter macrumors member

I will take it to the apple store today...should I just show them my amazon receipt then? or print out the invoice? I kinda doubt it might work, and they just might tell me to ship it back to amazon...which will be a hassle...

8. macrumors newbie

csiCJ

I also have this same problem on my "M" key, as well as on the Delete key. I'm not sure if i should bring it to the :apple: Genius bar or not...

9. thread starter macrumors member

yeah mine is like a black dot almost at certain angles..right underneath the M key...since I bought mine from amazon apple store genius was straight up saying I have to return it back to amazon...this really shouldnt be bothering me that much, but just the fact it was like this when I first got it new, and it wasnt me who scratched it pretty much pisses me off

10. thread starter macrumors member

so i returned mine to amazon and bought another one from apple store...and once again i find another chip (the smallest chip ever) near the keyboard..wtf is up with the aluminium????