Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

neosho

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 6, 2015
Hi guys, new around and need some help!

Got some Macbook air 13" that had water damage time ago but suppose to be fixed already (like 300$) and was working fine.. time passed and now recently trackpad + keyboard stopped working (power button is fine) and with usb keyboard and hardware test on boot gave me these error codes:

NDR001, NDK001, PFM006 & PPN001 (fans are full speed and looks like some sensor is failing)

Any tip or someone experienced with same error combo? im highly in doubts about top case (keyboard + trackpad) is failling now vs logic board failling too..

Attachments

• apple hardware test.jpg
    apple hardware test.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 945

motrek

macrumors 68030
Sep 14, 2012

Sorry. Seems like nobody knows what to do. I have seen cases before of the fan spinning up to full speed after water damage due to a sensor failure. Seems like one of the first points of failure from water damage. I've never heard of a way to address it other than to start replacing parts...

neosho

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 6, 2015
Thanks for reply mate, my doubt is about top case being the failure (keyboard + trackpad + trackpad zone sensor) or logic board failure.. im thinking of dismounting logic board and top case and clean em with toothbrush and isopropilic alcohol, what you think about most probable failure part.. logic board or top case?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.