Macbook Air 2009 Problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Empyrean1, Mar 29, 2013.

1. macrumors newbie

Hello, I've got a Macbook air that's been having an issue for quite a while now and can't figure out what it is.. There's a part of the screen that works perfectly fine and other parts of the screen which are coloured... well, not normal. The screen doesn't have a problem as I replaced it with a new one and there was still the same issue. my second guess was the motherboard HOWEVER when I connected it to an external monitor everything worked perfectly fine. I don't know what else it can be so if anyone has a clue, please help out! thanks a bunch

2. macrumors 6502

3. macrumors regular

Hey, this is a pretty late response but I think the ribbon cable connecting the monitor to the logic board may be frayed or damaged.

A picture would help greatly here.

4. thread starter macrumors newbie

Hello and thank you for the reply, would you like a photo of the opened up laptop? Also - could you please tell me how much this ribbon roughly costs? I wouldn't assume it to be expensive, however I am not too experienced at working with Apple products so would you reckon that I could replace it myself or is it too delicate to handle? Thanks and sorry for the late reply!