Macbook Air 2013 - 10 hours battery?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by kristoffer4, Nov 19, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502a

kristoffer4

2. macrumors 6502a

aarond12

Ten hours of battery life sounds nice, but might Apple take advantage of the low-power CPU to reduce the battery size, making the laptop thinner?

I'm sure other PC vendors will be putting in the same size battery and then bragging about how awesome their battery life is.

3. macrumors G5

gnasher729

Unlikely. The processor doesn't use most of power anymore; most of the power is used for the display. So there is very little hope that any improvement in the processor on its own could double battery life.

4. macrumors member

I think Apple will redesign the MacBook Air model for a thinner, lighter, or will use a more powerful processor, though I prefer a battery life of between 10 ~ 12h. Because with a better autonomy with their laptops, the iPad will have a part of their sales suffer on account of a group buy just for its battery life.

5. thread starter macrumors 6502a

kristoffer4

A thinner lighter mba?! How much thinner could you make it? I has to be the width of a usb socket unless they go full thunderbolt and maybe mini usb.....

6. macrumors 6502

Remember it's an illusion.. There's quite a bit of depth below that geometric knife of a triangle.. Or do they keep that bulge on purpose to make it easier to lift your MBA? Or just for the thin illusion while adding space for components?

----------

I think there will be a balance between thin and more battery so maybe 8.5 hrs? (Assuming Haswell gives 10 hrs of course). This may be because of the addition of retina so they may need the additional battery to at least maintain that current 7 hrs.