Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

netdog

macrumors 603
Feb 6, 2006
London
I've got a Recon II from The North Face. Use it to bike to school. Works out very well for me. Not very big, but it holds a great deal, is sturdy, comfortable. Highly recommended.

teejaysplace

macrumors member
May 24, 2006
Maybe Tom Bihn

I got a Brain Cell by Tom Bihn (http://www.tombihn.com) to carry my MBP. Even though my backpack has a laptop pocket, I cram all sorts of books and things in there and I wanted to give it an extra layer of protection. The greatest things about the braincells are that they are sort of a "soft hard case". They're pretty sturdy, but it's not quite like toting around a pelican case. They also have specific sizes for a variety of notebooks and my Early 2008 MBP fit in it's case perfectly snugly. I don't know offhand if they make one for the MBA, but they have a sizing guide and I'm sure their customer reps would be happy to help you out - likely they've gotten that question before anyway. If so, I'd recommend going that route and just getting whatever backpack you want to stick it into.

Grimwall

macrumors newbie
Feb 26, 2009
I have the previous version of Crumpler's "The Belly", which has a removable internal compartment for the laptop. It fits my alu mbp pretty tightly so it would not be very loose for the mba, and it is an extremely comfy backpack.

May I also suggest the whole Crumpler pouch range, I have a Gimp and I'm extremely satisfied with it. Durable and stylish...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.