MacBook Air Firmware Update Issues

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by RainbowShooter, Jan 28, 2013.

1. macrumors newbie

Hi Guys,

I've got a a problem with my Mid-2011 MacBook Air (4,2) I keep getting notifications from Software Update that my machine requires an EFI Firmware update.

Every time I accept the install, the machine reboots and returns to the logon screen, I then get the Software Update notification once, I've logged in. Any ideas?! The machine is plugged in to power.

2. thread starter macrumors newbie

Anyone got any ideas?

3. macrumors 6502a

4. thread starter macrumors newbie

Nope, doesn't seem to have done anything! Thanks though!

5. macrumors member

Hiya,

You could also try and download the updater from Apple : http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1623 and run it from there, rather than going through Software update.

Good luck

6. hfg
    macrumors 68030

hfg

I had a problem yesterday with my MBPro indicating I needed a Boot ROM firmware update, but I was at the current firmware revision and the recommended update file would not install as it was not needed.

Performing a "Reset PRAM" fixed the problem for me.

7. thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah tried SMC & PRAM with no luck! I'll give the alternate updater a go!

8. macrumors 65816

Did you do the update with the MBA power cord plugged in. Or without it plugged in. Reason why I ask. Is one time I had enough power and did an update to my MBA and it kept asking me to download the update again and again. Even though it was updated. So I did it with the power cord plugged in and it worked and solved the issue.

9. thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah it's plugged in everytime :( No like with the manual updater either, it says it needs to reboot to finish installation then just boots up as normal and says I need the damn update again!