Macbook Air LogicBoard Test

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by sangria, Aug 6, 2013.

1. sangria, Aug 6, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2013

macrumors newbie

Aug 6, 2013
    :confused:Hello. I got an Apple MacBook Air from my friend which has broken screen and very bad condition on the case. He punched it several times :) I got the laptop and then I bought tv connection cable. It was working perfect when I connected to tv (even the broken touchpad) and then I bough lower case with keyboard and mouse pad. And today I unscrew everything (Broken screen) and than I transferred everything (Logicboard + battery) . But I do not have the screen anymore. Because I threw in the garbage day before after removing the lcd from the case. So what happened is when I connect to the charger light comes and when I push to power button it turns on without chime. And fan starts immediately. And even I connected the logicboard to the TV it doesn't show anything. And also fan speed increase after couple seconds. So my question is Do I have to install a LCD screen in order to see the picture on TV? Or how can I test that I made a good job for transferring the Logicboard from broken one to new one ? I mean I wish I couldn't threw this broken LCD. I didn't know I would need it to try this process. Or Did I do something wrong and it suppose to send a picture to my TV without LCD screen? (I connected webcam and WiFi anthena still didn't work.) Please help me out Thank you!
  2. sangria, Aug 6, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2013

thread starter macrumors newbie

Aug 6, 2013
    I just called Apple and they do not know that Tv connection will work w or w/o LCD screen. Please some one help me!!!!!
  3. sangria, Aug 7, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2013

thread starter macrumors newbie

Aug 6, 2013
    600 views and no one knows that MacBook air will work without LCD or Not? It is strange. I am feeling like an alien!
  4. macrumors newbie

Nov 13, 2014
    hi sangira, you won't like this answer, but it may be interesting

Your mac does a check for all expected hardware: display , logic , keybrd, etc.
    if it does not pass this it will not load the OS.

Since it starts and charges that is pretty good. but,
    # The fan maxing out is a sign of sensor issues: recheck all, ALL, connections.
    # You will likely need a display of some kind. = a broken one may work but if there is no video pass through the Macs efi "bios" will sense 'no display' and prevent startup.
    ##! Your new trackpad, if multi touch, will have limited to no function, and needs to be mapped to the logic board. If the old track pad, broken, was working and the new one doesn't Switch Them. A Genius may be kind and map it for you, but back up plans rule!

Your Mac wants to be free, a new display is 60$, good luck, hope this helps.
  5. macrumors 68040

Nov 23, 2012
    The answer to the OPs question came 15 months late:eek: