Macbook Air Owners Rate your MBA

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Cybergypsy, Feb 8, 2008.

?

Rate your Macbook Air!

1. 1 Star

2.7%
  2. 2 Stars

1.6%
  3. 3 Stars

1.6%
  4. 4 Stars

0.5%
  5. 5 Stars

0.5%
  6. 6 Stars

1.6%
  7. 7 Stars

10.3%
  8. 8 Stars

27.6%
  9. 9 Stars

31.9%
  10. 10 Stars

21.6%
  1. macrumors 68040

Cybergypsy

Owners only, haters go find another thread... Post why you gave it what you did, and why you love/Hate it so much.

2. macrumors 604

clayj

9 Stars

I give it 9 because there's always room for improvement.

3. thread starter macrumors 68040

Cybergypsy

As did I, but loving it more each day..

4. macrumors regular

I want to give it a week of usage before I actually rate it. Yesterday I spent a good share of my day reinstalling the OS, putting the software on it I need, and getting it configured. So I haven't really USED it much yet.

I want to be fair in my rating and that's the best way I can do that.

5. MRU
    macrumors demi-god

MRU

8 stars.... nothing is perfect so it was never going to get a 10.

9 stars.... need more time with it, but for the moment certainly an 8 (which I would also rate my SR MBP 2.2)

Edit......

Definitely sticking to my 8. The battery recharge time being so long is definitely a point loser. Other than that I love the thing. Best laptop I've had.

6. macrumors regular

9 stars (round my head)

as first mac owned since reagan, well they've come a long way ! ;)

battery is strange in that it drains to oblivion after shut down - weird - might be related to bootcamp.. i dunno - i have to run those gymnastics to get calibration right i guess

also, trackpad differences tween mac/win are no fun and a bad joke (good finger exercise that right click motion)

BUT

ummm - like 9 starts means it is amazing!!

i am able to do page layouts, some photoshop work, some design - real work - and with all mobile functionality i had before - minus a lot of heaviness

i have tried & used vaio's, dells - still have old gateway as backup - MBA blows em all away !

i don't know why i'm surprised - stubborness perhaps - worth the $$$ for sure

7. macrumors regular

Wish it was little faster running multiple apps. Fan noise issue is definitely bothersome. Hopefully will be fixed with firmware update. But the laptop is great to use.

8. macrumors member

instant hit

it's difficult to rate a product -- especially if it's a personal purchase -- as there is always some sort of bias.

in the end, i would've voted 7.5 -- an 8. for me , as i posted in the first impressions thread, a couple gotchas are keeping it from being a 9. for a 10, the product would have to cook breakfast and do my laundry. just kidding! :p

9. macrumors 68000

teerexx52

I go 8 stars. Not sure about the battery issues yet.

10. thread starter macrumors 68040

Cybergypsy

do a reset people have been getting great results :)

11. macrumors 68000

teerexx52

Yeah I did that. Now gotta see what happens.

12. macrumors 603

NC MacGuy

Did a reset on Saturday. After 12 cycles get capacity from 93%-97% with majority at 95%. All after full discharge and recharge.

13. thread starter macrumors 68040

Cybergypsy

Mine charges in 3.5 hour from empty......

14. macrumors 6502

I gave it a 9. Loving it so far, and surprised by what it's been able to handle.

Things I'd most like: cooler performance (upgrade to Penryn?) and a faster and/or larger hard drive.

15. macrumors 6502

I gave it 7 on a scale of 1-9 (no such thing as a "10"). Love the screen, trackpad, keyboard. Form factor is great; 13" is perfect, weight & size, all good. External optical is a great solution, absolutely no complaint there. Deductions are for lack of processor power and hard drive space... there's just no getting around those issues. Future revisions will address that, I'm sure.

Pretty much what I expected, works great as a second "satellite" computer. MS Office, Safari, iChat (new camera is outstanding), mail all nice and zippy with SSD. Boot up and shut down time are excellent too.

Resolve battery charging issues and it gets an 8 for sure.

16. thread starter macrumors 68040

Cybergypsy

The person who gave it 1 , is not a owner Macmanus is the poster, you can click on the numbers to see who voted :)

17. macrumors 6502

MazingerZ

Yeah, I don't think he can comprehend simple english instructions. :p

18. macrumors 68000

ctt1wbw

Dontcha mean engrish instructions? :D

Well, I voted a 10. I can't think of ONE thing that I don't like about the thing, and normally I'm good at finding at least something wrong with anything.

Well, maybe one thing... I hate how it gets hot when I put it on my pillow and use it. I might have to take it back. :D

19. macrumors regular

mctheriot

1.6 80G Version

Gave it an 8. My only real concern so far is Office for Mac 2008. It opens noticeably slower the first time after a reboot. I'm getting used to it - don't know if would have been worth $1300 to NOT have these minor delays.

My frame of reference was a 2.16Ghz MacBook.

Mark

20. macrumors member

Sorry, I should've put a 10 instead.

Change your title please: "MBA owners rate your MBA from 8 to 10"

:D

21. macrumors 68000

Guess what? It really IS that nice. Why is that so hard to believe? If it sucked I would have been the first to quickly return it for a refund.

Pretty sad voting in the poll when you don't even own one.

22. macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I seriously didn't intend to vote but I did. I don't own one but have been lucky enough to play with a friend's who just got one two days ago. Not the SSD one but still stellar. It is a great machine but if I owned it I'd have the same complaint regarding the battery not actually living up to expectations. I didn't know about the reset option so I'll give that a shot.

23. thread starter macrumors 68040

Cybergypsy

The key word was owners....not trolls....If a owner gives it a 1, that would be his decision but trolls are just that and most don't even own a Apple product:(

24. macrumors 6502

Just got it!!!

Went in to 14th ST NYC to play with it and walked out with the base model.:D

Spent a few hours with verizon updating my router firmware and all is good.

Any so far, I love this thing, though not sure about Leopard.

I gave it a 8.

25. macrumors regular

9 stars
    It can do everything I want it to do, with decent speed. The 2 improvements I can think of are battery life and storage. As a semi-ultraportable with a non-changable battery the MBA should have a better battery life, perhaps around 7 hrs? For the storage 64gb SSD is a bit limited, but that is not Apple's fault as the price of larger SSD is too expensive for the consumer market atm. I'm very impressed overall.