1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

MacBook Air Rev B - Help with specs of new machine

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by joemalaka, Dec 3, 2008.

1. macrumors newbie

Hi. I won a contest at a conference. They just sent me a new MacBook Air (late 2008 model). I am going to give this as a gift to a family member. But I do not know the specs. I do not want to open it up yet.

The box has this:

MB Air/1.6ghz/128

I get the 1.6ghz, of course. But the 128 is throwing me off. Only thing I can think of is it is the 128GB solid state drive. The box the company sent me the laptop in doesn't have a order sheet or anything..so only thing I have to go off of is the label on the outside of the box.

Thoughts?

2. macrumors 68000

silverblack

Yes, 128 is the 128 GB SSD. The other choice would be 120 GB HDD.
    Rev. A MBA had either 80 GB HDD or 64 GB SSD.

3. macrumors 65816

jackiecanev2

The macbook can come in any array of BTO (built to order) options: the 1.6 can have the HDD upgraded to the SSD, or have the processor upgraded while leaving the HDD. If it says 1.6/128 then its the base model 1.6 with the upgraded SSD. Other than the processor and HD, there are no differences between the base and high end.

4. macrumors regular

It's a bit odd that you company would buy mis-matched parts like that...I would've just gotten a default spec'd MBA rather than go through the trouble of customizing and ordering online.

5. macrumors 6502a

Ironic

now open it .

6. macrumors 6502

That's an expensive laptop. Lucky family member! By the way if you want to sell that thing, PM me. That's a configuration I was considering!

Kan-O-Z

7. macrumors 6502a

mhnajjar

I know someone who would pay you top $$$ for those specs, so you might sell it to me and then buy the base model to that family member :D

8. Contributor

Scepticalscribe

That is a fantastic prize to win. Your family member is extremely lucky; I am not certain that I could have been equally generous in such circumstances. As some others have already posted, a posse of envious would-be-buyers will probably beat a path to your proverbial door with generous offers to buy it.

Enjoy it, cheers and good luck