Macbook Air Rev B Release Date

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by ercanbas, Feb 15, 2008.

1. macrumors regular

Feb 15, 2008
    Hey guys, new to the forum. Absolutely loved playing with the MBA at the Apple Store in NY. It is absolutely perfect for me since I do much traveling to different production offices. However things obviously tend to get better so I'm thinking I should hold off for the next MBA so I don't have to pay as much for SSD since I'm set on it and also more drive space. I am fine with the one usb port as I barely use them anyway and as I would purchase the ethernet dongle as well. Also a 2.0 penryn would be lovely but I'm sure 1.8 is quick enough. My question to all you Macnatics is since you have a good idea of when Apple releases updates on products, when can we expect a MBA update? I'm sure it's not anytime soon, but perhaps this time next year? Or maybe they'll offer more HD options in late 08? I am so tempted to buy this thing now but I am doing my very best to hold off. I am still a PC user with the exception of my iPhone. I am itching to cross over but I'm waiting for the right time. I got my gf a Macbook for Christmas and she will never use PC again (I'll make sure of it) and I don't even own one myself yet :( :( :(

8gb IPhone
    MBA soon
  2. macrumors 6502

Aug 22, 2007
    According to my Crystal Ball... 01/08/2009 :D
  3. macrumors regular

Jan 31, 2008
    I just think that when they update/upgrade the MBA next year for example then they would replace the

64GB ($999 - year 2008)
    128GB ($999 - year 2009)

So mainly bigger storage, but same price.. (I think 128SSD now costs $3000)

Just my thoughts :confused:

Oh, Friday :confused:

Thought it's gonna be Tuesday too!
  4. macrumors member

Aug 5, 2007
    you've got a bit of a wait on your hands i would guess.

for HD upgrades, i would say 6 months. the ipod touch and iphone has HD increases in a similar time frame.

for a processor change it will be more towards the 12 month frame.

and for a completely new MBA?- 18 months- 24 months
  5. macrumors 68000

Jan 17, 2008
    they're definately not doing anything with the processors any time soon.
  6. macrumors Nehalem

Feb 19, 2005
    No I heard in November 2008 actually. An Apple, Inc. employee told me, not a retail guy someone who works at corporate. I called and asked and they told me.
  7. thread starter macrumors regular

Feb 15, 2008
    I think you're right as they are doing that with the iPhones or are they going to discontinue the 8gig...
  8. macrumors member

Jan 31, 2008
    This is probably a bit early, but here's my take on it. I'm just postulating, since I know nothing of Apple's actual plans.

0) I love the MBA, but sometimes I worry it will be the next Cube. So the following assumes there will be a rev B. :)

1) New Intel chipsets... I suspect the next MBA will use Montevina SFF for Penryn, so probably second half of 08 at earliest.

2) Next machine probably will incorporate a 128GB SSD... at current price drops, probably can sneak that in for roughly the same price, at the end of 08.

So end of 08? :)