Hi, My partner's Macbook Air (revA) has just died. Getting loads of kernel panics - the 128GB runcore SSD may have failed. I haven't quite called time on it yet, but it's circling the drain. So my partner needs a new laptop. She's a writer, so it's pretty much essential. She loved the revA Macbook Air that I bought her (she'd been working off an aesthetically and functionally displeasing Dell prior to that), and she's taken the Air across lots of places round the world - Guatemala, New Zealand, Cambodia, Philippines - it's a compact and sturdy little thing when it's not completely dead. A Macbook Air and a travel writer is a marriage made in heaven... The thing is - should I tell her to wait for the Sandy Bridge Air? When do folk think it's due - I've heard rumours of June, but October seems more realistic. My partner could share my Macbook (Alu 2008, 6GB ram, 160GB intel SSD, 128GB factory SSD via optibay), but that's not exactly an optimal situation to be in. Ideally, if the 11in had 256GB from factory, that's be great too. Likely? Anyway, just some random musings and a general ask from the community to help me make this decision. What say you? By the way, if I'm getting lots of kernel panics and stuck in infinite "You need to reboot your computer" is it fair to say that the laptop is fubar? Thanks for reading!