Macbook air screen accessories

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by MacRuler, May 28, 2010.

1. macrumors 6502

2. macrumors 6502

3. macrumors member

In one of the topics of this forum someone posted a photo of it.
    I think the silver bezel looks better than the black one but if you like the macbook pro black bezel go for it.

4. macrumors member

5. macrumors 601

Scottsdale

Are you certain it's going to be black on the bezel of the MBA? It looks like the film has a slightly darker tint but not black so when installed on MBP the black bezel can be seen through the tint?

6. thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks scottsdale that was the advice i was looking for, i still really want a black bezel, but i dont want to waste the 30 dollars and have it NOT work, for reason being its not my money its my parents :cool:

7. gri
    macrumors 6502a

gri

So in that case - why do you worry...? :D

8. thread starter macrumors 6502

well i just ordered one from ebay for 27 dollars, ill let you guys know how it looks when i get it..:D

9. macrumors regular

I made that out of a macbook pro, it is not a macbook air with one of those anti-glare things, or an MBP monitor on an MBA.

10. macrumors member

I don't think that screen film will work with the MBA. The screens of the mbp and the alu mb are flush with the bezel due to the glass panel.

If you were to apply it to the MBA, it would be awkward because there would be space between the actual lcd and the film since the MBA bezel is more elevated than the lcd since there is no glass.

The description in the apple store also does not list the MBA as compatible.

11. macrumors 601

Scottsdale

Yes, that is a nice assumption in addition to the film not being black where it covers the bezel it will just not work on the MBA. It will look like a gigantic sticker is covering both the display and bezel.

12. thread starter macrumors 6502

i could always cut the border of the bezel so it lays flat on both the screen and the bezel, not sure if that makes sense...but i will put up pics if the final project looks anywhere close to appealing

13. macrumors 6502

yep, an exacto knife and a steady hand could make it look really good! Good luck!