MacBook Air Screen Problems

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by geekygeek, May 20, 2013.

1. macrumors regular

I can't describe this very well, but I'll try my best. Basically, whenever I apply pressure to the bezel or the back of the display, it turns a bluish hint and colors become all weird, for example, blue stuff turns orange.

There's another thing too, there's a line pattern running up and down the screen. They're not big black lines that you would fine running vertically and horizontally up the screen. These little blue lines are like less than a millimeter wide and "stack up" (if you will) incrementally.

Pictures: http://imgur.com/a/F9URZ#0

First picture is normal, second picture is not. Third is of MacRumors logo normally, fourth is what happens if you apply pressure to the bezel.

2. thread starter macrumors regular

Anyone that can help me? :confused:

3. macrumors 6502

Well, I hope it's a relatively new MacBook Air? Almost 100% sure that this is a hardware problem and thus, you'll have to take it back to the Apple Store or Premium Reseller - Service.

4. macrumors 68020

That's normal. Tried it on a MBA here at work, same result.

5. macrumors 65816

Hamilton Island, Whitsundays, QLD Australia
    not normal - go see Apple

6. thread starter macrumors regular

It's getting a lot worse. Now, I don't even have to hold the bezel, it's just blue.

Here's a video that I found that pretty accurately describes my problem http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqZgHdJb7UQ it was posted by another MacRumors user but it was never resolved.

7. macrumors 601

Not normal take it in.

8. thread starter macrumors regular

Okay, for some reason. It went away. Completely. No matter how hard I try to reduplicate the problem, it seem to have disappeared. :p