Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Panini

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 12, 2012
Palo Alto, CA
Because the Air has silver bezels, does it also mean it has an anti-glare (matte) screen?

Any Pro that has silver bezels has a matte-glass screen, is this the same for the Air or does it have a glossy screen + silver bezels?

Barna Biro

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2011
Zug, Switzerland
Because the Air has silver bezels, does it also mean it has an anti-glare (matte) screen?

Any Pro that has silver bezels has a matte-glass screen, is this the same for the Air or does it have a glossy screen + silver bezels?

No it doesn't. The screen doesn't glare as much as on the MBPs, but it's not matte.

manunited

macrumors member
Jan 31, 2012
Not matte, but as a person who switched from Pro to Air, I can testify the glare is MUCH less on the Air.

aleni

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2006
yes, the glare is much less than the macbook pro. i'm myself prefer the silver bezel on the air, because it looks more blend with the rest of the design. too bad the air uses lesser quality of screen than the one in the mbp. i think the air's screen is not ups, because when i move the screen, the colour becomes off.

Panini

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 12, 2012
Palo Alto, CA
Oh, that's disappointing. The main reason I wanted the matte screen was due to the glossy screen having extraordinary fingerprint retention. Is the texture different or do fingerprints still stick?

stchman

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2012
St. Louis, MO
yes, the glare is much less than the macbook pro. i'm myself prefer the silver bezel on the air, because it looks more blend with the rest of the design. too bad the air uses lesser quality of screen than the one in the mbp. i think the air's screen is not ups, because when i move the screen, the colour becomes off.

The 13" MBP has a 1280x800 screen while the 13" MBA has a 1440x900 screen. IMO the MBA has a better screen than the 13" MBP.

The 15" MBP has a 1440x900 display while the MBA has the same resolution in a smaller display(higher pixel density). Now the 15" MBP does have a 1680x1050 display for an additional $100.

Now we all know that comparing the MBA to the rMBPs display is asinine.

dcorban

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2007
Oh, that's disappointing. The main reason I wanted the matte screen was due to the glossy screen having extraordinary fingerprint retention. Is the texture different or do fingerprints still stick?
Why would you be touching the screen? The bezel is aluminum and does not hold fingerprints. That is the area which is touched, not the screen.

The screen on the Air is virtually glare free. Have no worries.

seared.ahi

macrumors regular
Aug 5, 2012
Why would you be touching the screen? The bezel is aluminum and does not hold fingerprints. That is the area which is touched, not the screen.

The screen on the Air is virtually glare free. Have no worries.

I am typing on my new 2012 Macbook Air and I must say I have absolutely 0 complaints about the screen and bezel. My brother has a Macbook Pro 13" he just bought yesterday and he won't admit it but mine looks a lot better. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.