Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fdrebin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 5, 2009
I recently purchased the new (and beautiful) 24" Apple LED Cinema Display monitor and was very excited to hook it up to my Air. Unfortunately, I have a "collector's version" Air with the Micro-DVI input - not the Mini Displayport needed to properly connect the two devices.

Does anyone know where to find the proper adapter?

I have the Micro-DVI to VGA adapter, but I would also need a male VGA to female mini displayport to complete the connection. I'm very confused and beginning to get frustrated. I've looked everywhere. Any assistance would be tremendously appreciated.

-Frank

Veinticinco

macrumors 65816
Feb 25, 2009
Europe
What's with this "collectors version"? Is that an ironic euphemism? You have a rev. A, just say so.

Whatever I'd say your best bet is to trade up to a rev.B or C MBA and enjoy the gorgeousness of your ACD.

fdrebin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 5, 2009
I bought my Air last June (my first Mac). I love it minus this connectivety issue. Speaking of trading up, what's the best way to do so? And, what do you recommend trading up to?

"collector's version" was in reference to the small window Apple produced Airs with the micro DVI.

jdechko

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2004
Try selling it on Craigslist. You might be able to get 700-800 for it and maybe more if it has Applecare. I know it's not much, but it'll get you about half of a Rev C refurbished with the SSD.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.