Macbook Air with a purchase of a HP DeskJet 3054

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by df2gadgetman, Jul 21, 2011.

1. macrumors member

df2gadgetman

I bought my 13" MBA from the Apple Store. I also was persuaded to get the HP Deskjet 3054 with a rebate which in turn would be a free printer.

How good are these $99.95 printers? Did you also purchase one? Thanks.

Darren

2. macrumors 65816

I bought it too. It's free after rebate, so I could care less. Basically cost me $8 after rebate.

3. thread starter macrumors member

df2gadgetman

I've searched google and youtube for a review and couldnt find one. I saw OP trying to sell it for cheap like $50. I might keep mine and give it to my Mom as a Christmas gift. :D Psst, dont tell anyone.

4. macrumors newbie

Interesting, I did that...

But I got an Epson printer (Stylus NX420.) Strange that they'd offer two different brands. I don't know if this particular Epson is any good, but I've usually had good experiences. (And hell, free after rebate. Even if it's just marginal I'm sure I can find use for a Wifi-enabled printer/copier/scanner!)

5. macrumors regular

You got the HP one? How is it and how did you decide that one over the others? I might use it for only scanning but not printing - how is the scanning, and how is the wireless? I assume you can scan and then wirelessly send it to your MBA?

I believe only two are at or under $100 - HP Deskjet 3054 and the Epson Stylus NX420? Is there even a third option that's at or under $100?

6. macrumors 68030

vitzr

You generally get what you pay for.

That said, I've seen those that my friends have received on similar promotions from Apple and they've all been decent printers.

7. macrumors G4

Printer manufacturers lose money on the printer and make it all on the ink. Check online reviews to see what the cost per page is. Alternatively, see how much the cartridges cost and how long the ones that came with the printer last. Either way, you are covered for now for as long as the cartridges last. You might find it cheaper in the long run to go with a "more expensive" printer.