MacBook and Applecare abroad.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by mperreault, Mar 28, 2006.

1. mperreault macrumors newbie

Hello, I'm planning on getting myself a fancy new MacBook as soon as I receive my tax return... I am moving to Milan (italy) in mid august and am curious about applecare in other countries? If I purchase Applecare in Canada and something breaks while I'm living in Italy will I be able to have it fixed or does applecare only work in the country it is purchased?

Another question is. Do I have to purchase a different power-brick for use in Italy? Or can I just plug the power adapter into a tip converter like I would my electric razor? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Or, am I better off purchasing my MacBook from Apple.it once I arrive in Italy?

2. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

Yes all portable Macs are world wide,and yes to you only need an adaptor Apples are very good but expensive.Buy in US.

3. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Yes...according to AppleInsider, Apple's warranty plans are good worldwide on all products.

Linkety

4. mperreault thread starter macrumors newbie

Awesome thanks! One more question, I already have power tips that turn any regular North American Plug into the two cilindrical prong standard they use in italy will using that instead of Apples fancy travel kit void my warantee in any way?

5. Cloudgazer macrumors 6502

Cloudgazer

I'm not so sure about that.
    AppleCare is not available in SA, and as far as I know they wont honour an
    Applecare warranty in this country.
    Although I do stand to be corrected.

6. hofnar macrumors regular

hofnar

I bought my PowerBook in New York and I live in Japan. A few weeks ago my screen needed replacing and I took it to the Ginza store in Tokyo and they fixed it with the AppleCare.

You should be fine.