Macbook and Bootcamp

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Jasonbot, Mar 25, 2007.

1. Jasonbot macrumors 68020

Jasonbot

Long story short:

*Installed windows XP SP2 on a base C2D macbook.
    *Install went well, as good as a windows install can
    *Attempted to install drivers
    *So installed drivers from CD but windeows gives me some error about the iSight driver :(
    *Tried re-installing the drivers, nothing
    *So now I don't have keyboard/mouse drivers, iSight drivers and network drivers
    *How do I fix it? Thanks

2. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

3. Jasonbot thread starter macrumors 68020

Jasonbot

Is that th eeasiest solution :eek: Surely there must be some other way to kill the old drivers and install some or other non-descript programme designed to fix macbook bootcamp problems?

4. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Osarkon

There might well be another way, but from experience with messing around with drivers in windows, it's probably less hassle and stress just to try it again from scratch :) . However you could just try uninstalling drivers via the Device Manager and reinstalling that way?

5. rspeaker macrumors 6502

I've had the same experience, twice. The first time I installed Windows, the drivers wouldn't install, and after much frustration, I reinstalled Windows, and things went fine. After a few months, I uninstalled it, and a few months later decided I wanted Windows back for games. Same thing: first install had drivers problems, second install no problem. Damndest thing.