Macbook and Macbook Pro AIRPORT..

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by JMies419, Aug 31, 2006.

1. JMies419 macrumors 6502

Aug 24, 2006
    Hey everyone,

Comparing the macbook and the macbook pro, how is the wireless airport card in each of them? I rely on wireless internet very heavily and it is very important to me to be able to use it. I think I remember hearing stuff about the macbook pro having problems but never really found out exactly what kind of problems it had? :confused:
  2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Apr 3, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    The metal enclosure of the MacBook Pro hinders its ability to pick up reception compared with the plastic enclosure of the regular MacBook. Therefore the MacBook has a larger wireless range. Therefore at any single point on a wireless network, the MacBook will have a higher throughput to the base station compared to the MacBook Pro. The actual difference will most likely be negligible though. :)
  3. dsnort macrumors 68000

Jan 28, 2006
    In persona non grata
    I wouldn't know how it compares to a MBP, but the range of my MacBook is excellent. It can pick up a signal from my iMac any where in my house, with good strength, at least 60%. And it's a fair size house.
  4. Cybix macrumors 6502a

Feb 10, 2006
    Western Australia
    I've done some small MB/MBP testing, (in an airport).. and seen no real differences.