Macbook and Sony w810i

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by EndSession, Aug 16, 2006.

1. EndSession macrumors newbie

Apr 17, 2006
    I was thinking of buying a Sony w810i to replace my crapped out v220.

I was just wondering if anyone else out there has experience with using OS X and transfering music onto the phone for use with the mp3 player. I know it comes with PC software, but does the Mac equivalent ship with it?

Thanks in Advance.
  2. apfhex macrumors 68030

Aug 8, 2006
    Northern California
    SE doesn't offer Mac synching software, but it's not necessary. Just plug the phone in VIA USB, or turn on bluetooth, or stick the Memory Stick Pro Duo into a card reader and transfer files. You can also use software like iTunesMyWalkman or SyncTunes to perform a more iPod-like synchronization of your music from iTunes.

p.s. you'll love the W810i. :)
  3. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Jul 4, 2004
    I've got one of these phones... never use the MP3 playback because the phone doesn't have a standard headphone jack so I can't use my Shures.

However, I would have thought you could use drag and drop from iTunes... also, the OS 10.4.7 (Tiger) update includes updates to iSync for easy Address Book and iCal integration
  4. Ryan1524 macrumors 65816

Apr 9, 2003
    Canada GTA
    The headset that comes with the W810i is not a proprietary set, the Multi-port connects to a remote and microphone button, which has a standard audio jack at the end of it. I'm using that with my Shures. :)
  5. dubels macrumors 6502

Aug 9, 2006
    Look at the bluetooth seetings you mac might be already set up for w810i. My macbook is already set up for my w810 which is about to arrive.