Macbook apple trade value...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by macman784, Jan 16, 2008.

1. macrumors newbie

Just out of curiosity, how much trade in value, if any, would the apple store give me for my late 2007 macbook, 2.0gh, 2 gigs RAM, 80 GB hard drive...? I thought that the apple store did some kind of trade in option.... Might be look into to purchasing a Macbook Pro...

2. macrumors 6502a

Don't know the answer, but just curious -- why do you want to move to a MBP from a MB. I seriously am asking. I have one week left on my MB before I can't return it back to Apple. trying to decide if I should keep or upgrade to MBP. Wondering what you are finding is missing w/the MB (besides gaming capabilities)

3. macrumors 65816

scienide09

My best guess is $0. I have never heard of any sort of Apple trade-in program. If you're thinking of selling, try researching prices on Craigslist or eBay. Until you're allowed to post in the Marketplace forum, you can't asks for quotes here.

4. macrumors 68000

kuebby

Apple does not offer any type of trade-in program.

If you sold in on the MacRumors forums you could get $900, on eBay, closer to $1000.

5. macrumors 6502a

steve31

Traded my MB in at my local mac store. Got 1850.00 cnd for my Blk MB 2.2/4GB ram/apple care. Then ordered the MBA 1.8/ 64GB SSD Drive. So I would talk to your local mac store.

6. macrumors 65816

scienide09

Was that at Westworld? Also, you got a great trade-in price for that machine, considering the base Blackbook retails on the Apple site for less. Must have been the extra RAM and the AppleCare coverage. Good for you!