macbook + backpack (too small)

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by jbusc, Aug 6, 2006.

1. jbusc macrumors member

May 21, 2006
    I'm loving my new macbook right now but...

when I put it in the padded laptop sleeve in my backpack, it's way too small and it "floats" around inside (the backpack is made for a 15.4", much thicker laptop). Even the MBP doesn't fit snug.

The end result is that when I walk around, the macbook bounces around a lot (especially back and forth...I can feel it hitting my back)
    I know this can't be good for it.

So...what do I do? The first idea is to get some foam, but I'm not completely sure how to make it work...just cram it in there?
  2. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

Apr 29, 2005
    San Francisco
  3. netdog macrumors 603

Feb 6, 2006
    Amazingly, there is still nothing at the store in London.
  4. elbirth macrumors 65816

Jan 19, 2006
    North Carolina, US
    While I'm sure you'd want to check it out in person before buying, I actually like the Bitolithic cases. It's not a thick protective case, but is more for just protecting it from light bumps and scratches. They're based in Australia and ship world-wide I believe (they shipped me one for my MacBook Pro to the US). They do have some for the MacBooks, but the site says they're currently sold out on everything....

I hear good things about Tom Bihn cases as well, especially for their protectiveness.

But I have seen cases for MacBooks in the Apple stores around here... odd that they don't have them in all the stores
  5. jbusc thread starter macrumors member

May 21, 2006
    well I was kinda hoping for a cheap solution. Plus that's not exactly what I need; there's already an excellent padded compartment for laptops that's just too big. I was thinking more along the lines of a piece of foam padding that I could slide in alongside the macbook, but I'm not exactly sure how to solve the "side-to-side" part of the problem. Thanks anyway.
  6. icec0ld macrumors member

Mar 1, 2006
    there's a padded backpack that i use which was bought from rei. it's made by outdoor packing and goes for about 60 bucks. it is an excellen bag and i have had 3 other friends or family members purchasing it since i referred em to it.