Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

adiddas125

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 2, 2006
Hi all...

I was wondering if anyone has ever had this problem...

I have a black macbook CD. I find that my computer switches from charged to uncharged back and forth. Basically my AC Adapter LED flashes green and orange. I have no idea what is going on... I got my macbook is August too... :(

What should I do???? I am relatively new to a mac!

Any help would be really appreciated. I also attached a screen shot of my battery "properties" using coconut battery.

Attachments

• screenshot_01.jpg
    screenshot_01.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 69

JAT

macrumors 603
Dec 31, 2001
Mpls, MN
You should calibrate your battery.
-charge it fully, letting it charge a couple hours after it first claims to be full
-use it on battery til it shuts off by itself, let it shut off (don't be doing anything important at that point)
-let it sit, off/sleeping, for a few hours
-charge it back up again
-see what Coconut says then

This should help your battery, it may also help the weird problem you have. If not, something more serious is wrong. We had to replace our battery, it totally crapped out. It did odd stuff, not exactly what you described but similar, before dying. Our new battery (after calibration) shows MORE capacity than original with Coconut.

adiddas125

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 2, 2006
You should calibrate your battery.
-charge it fully, letting it charge a couple hours after it first claims to be full
-use it on battery til it shuts off by itself, let it shut off (don't be doing anything important at that point)
-let it sit, off/sleeping, for a few hours
-charge it back up again
-see what Coconut says then

This should help your battery, it may also help the weird problem you have. If not, something more serious is wrong. We had to replace our battery, it totally crapped out. It did odd stuff, not exactly what you described but similar, before dying. Our new battery (after calibration) shows MORE capacity than original with Coconut.

I just took my macbook into genius bar. They said my logic board is messed up and it needs to be replaced.

:( x 1000

Up to 5 days where i will be without my computer

timerollson

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2005
heretothere
Whoa! I'm having the same problem with the adapter? The logic board is the problem? I don't have access to a genius bar in South Carolina, but is that what's causing the problem? :eek:

I just sent it in/received it for the discoloration problem 2 weeks ago. This is sad news...:(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.