Macbook battery capacity dropping big time

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by will0407, Jul 2, 2006.

1. will0407 macrumors 6502a

I've had my macbook since Friday. Check out the attached image and let me know if you think those readings are a bit dodgy(i.e my battery capacity shouldn't have dropped that much)

cheers.
    will

Attached Files:

2. iGary Guest

iGary

It's normal.

Unplug it for about ten minutes and charge it again and it will charge right up to 100%

3. SpaceMagic macrumors 68000

SpaceMagic

I don't think he's talking about current charge... he's talking about the capacity i.e. 98%.

It's normal. It wont go down any/much more. If you notice a severe drop then contact apple... don't go by what cocoaBattery says, go by the length of time you get from a single charge. Remember to fully discharge and recharge your battery around once a month.

4. iGary Guest

iGary

Right - and the link talks about it not charging fully.

One way to get it back up and aleviate any fears of decreased capacity is to discharge it a bit and plug it back in. It almost always goes right back up to 100%. ;)

Some people just like to see t hat 100%. :)

5. will0407 thread starter macrumors 6502a

OK, it just seemed a bit alarming that it should drop when I've only had it 3 days- granted it's only 2%, but when you pay over a grand (£!!), you just want to make sure it's all running smoothly!

thanks for swift replies, always nice!

6. iGary Guest

iGary

Make sure you fully discharge it once a month - let it discharge until it sleeps, and then plug it in to charge it.