macbook battery & original battery capacity

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by baybegirl, Feb 8, 2007.

1. baybegirl macrumors member

Oct 7, 2006
    hi i just bough a new macbook 2 days ago
    i just downloaded coconut battery and istat pro
    how come in only 2 days does the istat pro read the battery health as 99%
    and coconut battery has the original battery capacity as 5200mah and it has current battery capacity as 4995mah...has my battery life decreased already, in 2 days???
    i caliberated it last night..i dunno maybe i did it wrong or something wrong with the battery, should i exchange it...or is the battery being broken in so the reading may not be completely accurate?
  2. steve_hill4 macrumors 68000

May 15, 2005
    NG9, England
    Just posted this with similar issues, albeit worse percentage, when I installed a replacement battery.

If you charge/discharge a few times over the next week, with or without leaving it to sleep and stand, run off mains for periods with battery installed, you should hopefully also get it up a little more.

Alternatively, carry on as you have already done and monitor daily through CoconutBattery. I found at times with my older batteries that they would perhaps dip a little below the maximum capacity quite early on and then stay roughly there. As long as you can cope to be at 97-98%, I'd leave it alone at that point and just go through your monthly conditioning and weekly full discharge.
  3. bbergie macrumors regular

Jul 3, 2006
    It can take up to four or five calibration cycles to get an accurate read on your battery's health and capacity. Still, I don't think 99% is anything to fret about. Carry-on and enjoy your computer. :)