MacBook Battery Overheating?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kylos, May 19, 2006.

1. kylos macrumors 6502a

kylos

Well, the battery on my MacBook did some weird stuff last weekend. As I was working on it, I noticed the aluminum sheet glued to the bottom started bubbling up on one side. I'm not exactly sure what caused this, but my cpu temps run up to 77 C at full load, though I doubt that the cpu caused it to do so. The battery recently started dying without warning 2/3 of the way through a full charge.

I'm thinking something was just seriously wrong with the battery. It did fall into the first two week range that people are saying Apple is replacing, so I called Apple and they said they would replace it. But in in any case, it was rather disturbing to see my battery warping.

[​IMG]

2. Benjamindaines macrumors 68030

Benjamindaines

Is this a MacBook or a MacBook Pro (makes a HUGE difference)

3. edge540 macrumors regular

edge540

Well he said the aluminium on the battery so that means that it is a Macbook pro. Also, the macbooks just came out this week and he did mention the fact that this happened last weekend. This is sad to hear that the macbook pros are so plauged with problems. Sorry to hear that.

4. kylos thread starter macrumors 6502a

kylos

Ahh, yes macbook pro. I keep forgetting I have to now make such a distinction, even though it was relatively obvious the ibook would be turning into macbooks as well.

5. sribulusu macrumors newbie

Exactly the same thing heppened to my Macbook pro yesterday. The right side of the case also warped a bit. It could have been a potential fire hazard as my son left it on all morning while rendering a video.
    Thankfully my extended warranty expires in 4 months. :)
    I have an external USB cooling pad to run it now.

It hurts when things break down:-(