macbook being fixed for a month now?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by haleyvan, Oct 11, 2006.

1. haleyvan macrumors regular

Feb 26, 2006
    my logic board went, just like a lot of macbook users and i took it to the mac service center at my school. it has been there for a month along with a ton of others waiting on apple to send a shipment of logic boards. is this typical of apple? i know they are in high demand but a MONTH? come on. i'm a student. i NEED my own computer.
  2. jocool5 macrumors member

Dec 12, 2005
    Very typical of service centers

Just to let you know if the shipment of the logic boards isn't due for a while, and it sounds like the laptop is under the original warranty, or even applecare I would call the hotline and bare with them asking you to reset pram and other random stuff they think will magical make you laptop work. Then they will send you a box to ship the laptop to there service center. I took my laptop to our local service center and it took a mounth, however the total time it took depended on them rediagnosing the problem, and apples slow responce sending parts. I ended up calling apple and having them request the laptop from the company and have them (apple) fix it at there service center. Whenever you have a problem that is part replacement always send it your self, you will have it back in two weeks tops. many of my other experiences have been 6-9 days, which is think is amazing.