macbook being fixed for a month now?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by haleyvan, Oct 11, 2006.

1. haleyvan macrumors regular

my logic board went, just like a lot of macbook users and i took it to the mac service center at my school. it has been there for a month along with a ton of others waiting on apple to send a shipment of logic boards. is this typical of apple? i know they are in high demand but a MONTH? come on. i'm a student. i NEED my own computer.

2. jocool5 macrumors member

jocool5

Very typical of service centers

Just to let you know if the shipment of the logic boards isn't due for a while, and it sounds like the laptop is under the original warranty, or even applecare I would call the hotline and bare with them asking you to reset pram and other random stuff they think will magical make you laptop work. Then they will send you a box to ship the laptop to there service center. I took my laptop to our local service center and it took a mounth, however the total time it took depended on them rediagnosing the problem, and apples slow responce sending parts. I ended up calling apple and having them request the laptop from the company and have them (apple) fix it at there service center. Whenever you have a problem that is part replacement always send it your self, you will have it back in two weeks tops. many of my other experiences have been 6-9 days, which is think is amazing.