MacBook Black - Keyboard thud keys!

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by sberming, Jun 1, 2006.

1. sberming macrumors newbie

May 24, 2006
    Hi I'm looking for some advice...

I received my MacBook black on the 25th of May. I pretty much love everything about this system but there is one niggling issue I have with the keyboard.

The centre keys on the keyboard (6, 7, 8, t, y, u, g, h, j, v, b, n) when depressed give off a secondary thud-like sound, like the're hitting off the component layer beneath the keyboard. All of the other keys do not make this sound.

Do I have a "thud" MacBook or is this an Apple design enhancement? My concern would be if this is a design issue, then what's missing at the back of the centre keys? What might I be damaging underneath the keyboard by typing on these keys?

Has anyone else experienced this issue with their MacBooks and what do you think Apple's position would be if I asked for the Keyboard (or the entire system) to be replaced. I'm ringing Apple Supprt tomorrow.

Thanks for your help
  2. FragTek macrumors 6502

May 29, 2006
    Fredericksburg, VA
    Do you have a nearby Apple Store? If so I'd just swing in and have them take a quick glance at it to see if it's something serious. Do you have the AppleCare warranty? You could just leave it with the store and have them take care of it for you, if not I guess you could send it back to Apple and have them check it out for you.

I don't think I'd be happy with a brand new "thudding" MacBook, go have it inspected.