Macbook bluetooth problems?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Uselessdreamer1, Dec 9, 2006.

1. Uselessdreamer1 macrumors member

recentally i noticed my blue tooth symbol has a squiggly sign through the b. when i click on it, it says bluetooth not avalable. Do i need to reinstal it somehow?

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

3. Uselessdreamer1 thread starter macrumors member

4. 2fives macrumors regular

I have the same problem...sorta.

When I'm using a BT mouse and then put the computer to sleep, when it wakes up the BT still shows connected but I can't connect the mouse. Only a rebot fixes the prob. Anyway to fix it with out a reboot??

5. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

What brand of mouse've you got, mate? Any other Bluetooth devices connected? Is the Bluetooth provided by an Apple chip or have you bought a third party dongle instead? :)

6. georgi0 macrumors regular

georgi0

in my case my macbook has the same problem and i fixed it by setting the safe sleep options again in terminal as follows:

sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0

you can replace 0 with 3 at the end for the default shipped option.

now it works but sometines this happens all over again , but i can not figure out why

7. willem macrumors newbie

apple is not responding to bluetooth problems

I am having similar problems and did some research:
    1) most probably it is a serious hardware problem of the bluetooth component!!!
    2) it might have something to do with the wiring of bt
    3) when the machine heats up over the 50 c the bt disconnects WHEN IT IS IN THE TURNED-ON MODE
    4) it causes that the comp wakes constantly up out of the sleeping mode (dvd driver spins each x seconds)
    5) the machine might heat up even more
    6) restarting does not help (reinstalling either since the component is not there anymore, it is like your comp has no bt
    7) sometime (in my case when the temp goes down the 50) the bt becomes available. When that is the case turn it off right away so you could use the sleepmode again.
    8) if you need to use bt (m. mouse or what ever) you are in serious trouble!

Go to google and type "bluetooth problems macbook" or "bluetooth not available" and y find tons of comments. Nobody seams to know what is really going on (besides some who opened the macbook and changed a isolation comp of bt and say that, that fixe the problem???). Who should actually is APPLE itself but

MOST IMPORTANTLY APPLE IS NOT RESPONDING AT ALL
    (the times of "the same old boys drinking whisky and wine" are over)