MacBook Bootup Freeze

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jap652, Jan 5, 2007.

1. jap652 macrumors newbie

Dear all,

I am having problems with a fresh re-install. I re-installed and downloaded all the updates. It asked me to restart, so I did. Upon restart, the grey screen with the apple logo appeared as usual. However it does not boot into the OS. The 'circle' icon seems to be on an infinite loop.

Does anyone have any ideas? Technical support doesn't know. They told me to go to an authorized support center!

Does any one have any suggestions or experienced this problem?

2. 840quadra Moderator

840quadra

Staff Member

Will it boot to the CD anymore ?

Reboot the system with your restore or OS X disk, and hold down the C key once.

If it boots into the installer, something may have become corrupt during your update.

3. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

what was you doing before the reboot , updating the firmware on it ?

i would try and re-install os again

4. jap652 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ah, tried to put the bootup disc using the advice to bootup from disc. However, when putting the OS install disc in, I noticed that a DVD movie is in there! :-( Is there a way of getting it out?

5. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

on powerup press and hold the eject button it will eject then

6. 840quadra Moderator

840quadra

Staff Member

Yes.. Hold down the Mouse Button down when rebooting, and or push and hold the eject button when booting..

7. jap652 thread starter macrumors newbie

Many thanks to one and all!

Many thanks to all that have replied. I pressed and hold down the eject button upon pressing the power button. Slipped the OSX install disc and re-powered up holding 'c'. It took a while to boot from disc but finally did! I am now starting a clean install!

I am a bit dissapointed with the Apple UK technical support. They said that there is no way of removing the disc at boot up so needed to go to a supper center. That would have been a wasted 2 hour journey! I shall come back on this forum first before ringing their support line.

8. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

welll thats what this forums good for ... advice

hope it all works out for you - still not over yet