Macbook - Boy its hot...literally!

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Tan from London, Jul 20, 2006.

1. Tan from London macrumors newbie

Jun 8, 2005
    Hi folks

Recieved my black Macbook today and boy does it get hot, even the power adapter. Is this normal? Also how do you get windows opening up one-after the other with the previous one still open underneath.. I forgot. Also everytime I trash an item it asks me for my password.. where have I gone wrong in setting up?

2. MacAficionado macrumors 6502

Oct 5, 2002
    An awesome place
    Yeah, if it is asking you for the password when deleting something, you're trying to delete a Sysytem file or folder. DO NOT PUT THE PASSWORD IN. Do yourself a favor and go here:

Good luck and enjoy
  3. Killyp macrumors 68040

Jun 14, 2006
    The heat is a normal thing. My MacBook Pro runs ludicrously hot, hence why Apple don't call them laptops, to prevent them from being used on laps...

You could expect such a thing from a laptop with two processors in it though...
  4. REDSRT4 macrumors regular

Jul 20, 2006
    Yeah the one i used for a week or so from work got really hot all the time.
  5. imacintel macrumors 68000

Mar 12, 2006

The MB/MBP does not have two processors. It has two cores. which is almost like having two processors into 1.
  6. vv-tim macrumors 6502

May 24, 2006
    Strange, my MBP runs nice and cool after thermal paste reapp ;)
    I guess you can continue expecting it from dual core processors (that actually run cooler than single core ones) and I'll continue being right.
  7. Bern macrumors 68000

Nov 10, 2004
    hhhhmmm, well my MB doesn't seem to run so that I can't use it on my lap. It gets warm sure, but I haven't noticed any unreasonable heat from it.
  8. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Jun 29, 2006
    My MacBook runs cool enough to use on my lap, unless I run something to push it up to 75 C or so.
  9. FullmetalZ26 macrumors regular

Jun 12, 2006
    I think the problem here is that everybody has a different idea of what is "too hot to use on the lap", and thus there are people who don't mind the MacBook's heat, and those that do. The upper-left corner of the bottom of my MacBook does get noticeably hot, enough to be uncomfortable to touch for several seconds, but it doesn't really bother me since there's some form of clothing between me and it when it's in my lap anyways. All of my other laptops/notebooks, PCs and Macs, from 1991 and up, have been pretty much the same way.