MacBook Brightness Key Doesn't Work

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Peel, May 29, 2006.

1. Peel macrumors 6502a

Peel

Is anyone else experiencing this? I press the brightness decrease key (F1) on my black MacBook, but the screen brightness doesn't change. The superimposed brightness indicator shows up, but the scale at the bottom remains completely on full brightness. My other function keys behave properly (volume up/down, mute, exposé keys, etc.) As it is the screen is about blinding me if I try to use it in a darkened room.

2. Josias macrumors 68000

Josias

Try to go into keyboard and screen preferences and check the different settings. This is not an issut happening with my MB. Does the "bringhtness up" key work? If it does, it is the "brightness down" key not functioning, take it to a store, and get it fixed/replaced. It's a pain in the butt, I use those keys alot. BTW, has it always been out of function? Or did it eventually break?

3. Peel thread starter macrumors 6502a

Peel

I can't tell if the "brightness up" key works, as the screen is already at max brightness. But as I said, pressing either brightness key brings up the brightness icon and scale overlay, it's just that the brightness dosen't cgange.

4. Josias macrumors 68000

Josias

Go into sys prefs - screen. Here you can adjust the brightness down. Then test the "brightness up" key.